With the power and versatility of the Phillips AirFryer, using it’s fully patented “Rapid Air Technology”, you can now have those same, (if not better) fried chips that’s up to 80% more healthy, because you aren’t going to need to use grease to fry them.
Phillips AirFryer Review
The frying is done with nothing more than the power of heat, distributed in a super charged way that will fry your foods, without the grease. Fresh cut chips or wedges are the only exception, where you just add a teaspoon of oil, for added flavour and texture.
The reason this is, is due to frozen foods already being prepared in oil. Therefore, the heat supercharges those oils with the air fryer technology, delivered through rapid heat distribution, giving you the 80% less fat frying option.
What’s in the Phillips AirFryer Box ?
- 1 x Phillips AirFryer
- 1 x Food Separator Accessory
- 1 x Non-Stick coated food basket
- 1 x Instruction manual
- 1 x Recipe book
To ensure you get the most of the air fryer unit, there’s an all-aspiring recipe booklet included, that sets out the temperatures best used for the different types of foods. You can use the food separator to turn full meals out the Phillips AirFryer, by combining chips in one compartment, with either fish fingers, chicken sticks, or even fry up some meatballs, with a side serving of deliciously crunchy, curry flavoured potato wedges into the other compartment, to fry 2 different foods in one go.
Phillips AirFryer Features
With a splendidly fast heat up time, you just wait until the “ready indicator” gives you the green light, drop your food into the unit, and let the Phillips AirFryer go to work for you. With pre-set and fully adjustable temperature controls, combined with the timer function, you can simply sit back, relax, and wait for the air fryer to sound the ready-to-serve alarm, letting you know your food’s ready for you.
The added advantage is that if you’re unsure of the cooking times, you can simply open the unit, check the cooking progress, and the Phillips AirFryer adapts the temperature to ensure that the cooking isn’t interrupted and still delivers evenly cooked foods to perfection.
Of course, the main benefit to using the Phillips AirFryer is the fact you get the best tasting fried food with 80% less the fat, than you would with traditionally fried foods, due the superior air fryer technology.
Technical Spec of the AirFryer
- Non-slip feet
- Power-on light
- Cool-touch handgrips
- Colour: Black
- Cord storage
- Adjustable thermostat
- Temperature light
- Integrated on/off switch
- 30-minute timer
- Ready bell
- Automatic shut-off
- Materials: Plastic
- Weight of the appliance: 7.0 kg
- Product dimensions (W x H x D): 287 x 315 x 384 mm
- Power: 1425 W
- Voltage: 230 V
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Cord length: 1 m
- Capacity: 800 g
- Capacity: 2.2 litre
Consisting of a stylish black exterior to compliment your kitchen, easy tuck away integrated cord storage, combined with the non-slip feet, you can be sure there aren’t going to be any accidents in your kitchen. There’s plenty of safety features built into the Phillips AirFryer.
With an easy to use rotary dial to set your timer, an alarm to let you know the foods ready and it’s auto shut off feature when it is, the air fryer unit couldn’t be simpler to use. Perfect for those with a hectic lifestyle and a ton to get done, you can simply leave the air fryer to cook the foods for you, while you go tend to other things.
The Frying Advantages of the Phillips AirFryer
- Only uses hot air for cooking with full patented “Rapid Air Technology”
- Circulates air with speed, ensuring you get crispy, golden brown chips every time
- Adjustable temperature control for cooking up to 200 degrees
- Timer options you can set to up to 30 minutes, then let the unit shut itself off
- Food separator accessory lets you cook chips, fish fingers, chicken sticks, or any other combination for a fast and convenient meal, fried healthily and to perfection with ease.
- Integrated air filter stops the usual vapours you get from fryers, evaporating into the air and leaving nasty odours behind. There’s none of that with the Phillips AirFryer
- Recipe book gives clear-cut instructions you can make the most of air fryer technology for healthy meals every day.
- Food basket and drawer can be put through a dishwasher cycle for fast, convenient and easy cleaning without ruining the non-stick coating
- Cord storage for neatly sitting your stylish Phillips AirFryer on your worktop, without any trailing cords that can be a danger.
With temperatures that can be set to up to 200 degrees, you can be sure that the air fryer can cook your foods fast, and to perfection with its high-powered air circulation delivered through the Rapid Air Technology.
Phillips AirFryer Attachments
With the food separator attachment, you no longer have to cook foods individually. You can use the air fryer unit to cook different foods in one go, giving you a meal that’s ideal to serve a 2 person sitting, and all you have to do is select the temperature and the time you want it to cook for, and it’s all done for you.
Once your dinners ready, you can drop the basket and perhaps even the pull out drawer into your dishwasher with your other dishes, and that’s the cleaning taken care of, ready for use the next time you want a quick fried snack.
A couple of drawbacks
- Best for cooking for two and not for larger families
- Safety cut-off of the air fryer heat, doesn’t work as soon as you open the unit. This is due to the temperature control feature, so you’ll have to be wary of the heat when checking your foods.
- Doesn’t use a paddle to auto-rotate your foods, although the air is circulated at a tremendously fast rate…so you still get evenly cooked foods with each use. The paddle would probably speed up the cooking process if it were an additional feature though.
The main drawback is the heat elements not shutting off when you open the unit. Therefore, you’ll have to be careful when lifting the food out to check the progress. You’re best to turn the air fryer off, while you’re checking the food, and then switch it back on. The heat up time is fast, so it’s not going to disturb the settings on your fryer, and you’ll still get deliciously tasting foods, fried to perfection.
Other air fryer models tend to use a paddle to auto-rotate foods, ensuring even cooking at a faster rate. The Phillips AirFryer doesn’t use a paddle, so it might be longer to cook foods than some other units might, although it still works quite fast.
Final Say of the Phillips AirFryer
The revolutionary “Rapid Air Technology” that’s incorporated into the Phillips AirFryer is what makes it so effective at frying foods to a crispy finish, with nothing more than the power of air. Circulated at one of the fastest rates, ensures that whatever foods you’re frying, you’re getting it done to a crisp and with 80% less fat, which makes for a much healthier option to fried foods.
With a food separator accessory, you can even cook meals such as crunchy, golden brown chips, served with chicken sticks, fish fingers or even meatballs, with only the one use, cooking both foods to perfection in one go.
You can simply set the timer, adjust the temperature, and leave the Phillips AirFryer to fry your foods for you; leaving you nothing more to do than serve up a healthy fried dinner, without having to drain the oil off your foods.