As a budding coffee connoisseur, you’re going to love the originality of freshly ground, real Italian coffee from a professional Delonghi coffee machine. They embellish everything that’s truly Italian about coffee. From the crema toppings, Latte Macchiato and Caffelatte, or even as a great Cappuccino maker, the Delonghi Magnifica does them all to perfection.
With a Delonghi coffee machine, you no longer have to pay the top-notch high-street prices to enjoy a strong bean to cup Espresso, that’s brewed to perfection, as you can bring the technology of the Delonghi Magnifica into your own kitchen.
With a powerful 15 bar pressure and built-in burr grinder, you can get the strong and professional bean to cup Espresso, Latte Macchiato and Caffelatte, or use a Cappuccino maker with the one simple push of a button, and a pull on the froth arm.
Delonghi Coffee Machine Review
At the simple push of a button, the bean to cup Espresso journey begins, with the Delonghi coffee machine. Starting with the grinding that you select for your desired taste, to the amount of water you want to use, and the Delonghi Magnifica will go to work, brewing your Espresso to perfection. For added crema to top it off, you can use the manual froth arm to give your Espresso a deliciously tasting cream topping that not only tastes great but looks the part too.
Quality Design & Coffee
The manual froth arm makes it super easy to use the Delonghi coffee machine as a Cappuccino maker too, giving it that frothy topping that you’d get from professional coffee bars in the high-street.
The stainless steel finish, gives it a slick and modern design that will blend perfectly into any kitchen.
The one thing that sets a Delonghi coffee machine apart from the rest, is the unique manual frothing arm. You not only get the froth you want every time, but it’s also great to impress your guests with the superb quality of coffee you’ll be producing. It’s simply second to none.
Bean to cup Espresso & Cappuccino Maker
There’s also 2 separate compartments in the Delonghi coffee machine. One for whole beans and one for using ground coffee beans. This feature’s handy if you ever run out of whole beans, you can simply use the other compartment for your ground coffee. It’s ideal for those who like to watch their caffeine levels and switch to decaf. The Delonghi Magnifica can handle both types superbly.
If you prefer your bean to cup Espresso with a creamy topping, you’ll especially love the adjustable spout on the Delonghi Magnifica. The closer you can pour it into your cup, the more of a crema you can add to it. You can move it around to get the creamy topping just the way you like it.
The technical details of the Delonghi Coffee Machine
- Product Dimensions in cm (L x W x H): 28 x 37.5 x 36
- Weight of Product: 10Kg
- Colour: Stylish Silver
- Manufacturer’s Guarantee: 2 Years
Key stand out features:
- Removable 1.8 litre water tank
- Adjustable quantities of coffee and water
- Energy saving function
As you can see from the dimensions, the Delonghi Magnifica isn’t a huge kitchen appliance. It’s nice and compact and designed to compliment your kitchen, with its stylish, stainless steel finish. It’s not made in a fashion that’s going to dominate your worktops, as it can sit neatly between your other appliances or as a standalone appliance.
Easy to Clean
You can further benefit from the simplicity of use of the Delonghi Magnifica. All the parts that need to be taken out for cleaning, are easy to detach from the Delonghi coffee machine. Your water tank, the drip tray, ground tray and the brewing unit are all accessible from the front of the coffee maker. There’s no fiddling round the back or carrying the coffee maker across the kitchen to fill the water tank up. Simply pull it out and top it up with a jug and you’re good to go.
For added convenience, it’s super easy to use the rotary dials to adjust both the strength of your coffee and the volume of water you like. So you can make either long or short coffees, with a simple tweak in the settings.
What we like
- It’s reliability is second to none
- You get a great tasting bean to cup Espresso, at the push of a button
- Separate compartments, so you can use it for either pre-ground coffee or whole bean coffee. Perfect solution if you run out of coffee beans.
- Great Cappuccino maker with its manual froth arm
- Adjustable spout makes your Espresso with a creamy topping, if that’s how you like yours
- Single of double cup options
- Perfect your strength of coffee and water volume with the easy to use rotary controls to adjust strength and water volume
- Energy saving 2 hour auto shut-off
- Super easy to clean
- Water tank is accessible from the front. Super convenient for filling up as there’s no fiddling around needed to pull the water tank out. The coffee ground tray, drip tray and the brew unit are easily accessed for cleaning too.
- Uses rotary controls, which makes it easy for you to take control of the water volume and the amount of coffee you want to use
One thing that’s great about having a Delonghi coffee machine, is that you can rest assured it’s going to last for a long time. The Delonghi Magnifica comes with a 2-year warranty, however, there are specialist engineers who will service your Delonghi coffee machine, to ensure you can continue to enjoy the great taste of freshly brewed coffee, bean to cup Espresso, Latte Macchiato and Caffelatte, or Cappuccino, for years to come.
What we don’t like
For great tasting bean to cup Espresso making, heat your cup up first and don’t rely on the heater at the top of the unit to heat cups up to temperature. You get a far better Espresso by warming your cup yourself with a tad of boiled water.
- Different beans will need a different grind, so you’ll need to tweak the grinding settings, however if you use the same quality coffee beans all the time, you can set it up to use the same grind every time.
- It can be loud when it starts grinding
- Doesn’t have a delay timer, so you have to make your coffee in the morning. It won’t be ready for you getting up.
The only thing that would top off the Delonghi Magnifica is the ability to set it with a timer to have your coffee ready for you when you waken up in the morning. As for the job it’s designed to do, it brews your coffee to perfection. It’s super easy to use, with its rotary controls, adjustable spout, manual froth arm, and push button bean to cup Espresso making, with the added advantage of any Delonghi coffee machine, being tremendously easy to use with its rotary dials.