Fill your kitchen with the aroma of a freshly brewed coffee in the morning, sit down relax, unwind and savour the flavour of your first sip of coffee from the Gaggia Classic RI8161, as it transports your mind into the feeling of sitting at a pavement café, in the quiet Tuscany village of Florence.
The Gaggia Classic RI8161 really is that much of an awesome coffee maker, you’ll be glad to pay the extra for a real brewing coffee machine that serves Espressos, hot right through, leaving no cold spots at all.
That’s something that really stands out, among the numerous Gaggia coffee machines reviews online. The fact that there’s no cold spots in your Espresso.
Gaggia Classic Coffee Machine Review
The manual frother attachment is ideal for serving a long Latte, or a frothy Cappuccino that’s just ready for you to finish it off with a sprinkling of nutmeg, cinnamon, or cocoa powder.
The Gaggia Classic model produces a micro froth, which delicately sits nicely along the top of your Cappuccino, and not like some other models where it’s more of an aerated foam.
The Gaggia Classic RI8161 is probably the best coffee machine for serving dark Espressos, the way they should be, with a thick crema along the top and heated all the way through.
Features of the Gaggia Classic
- The Gaggia Classic coffee machine comes with coffee filters for 1 and 2 cups of ground coffee, and a special filter for ESE (easy serve espresso) pods
- Professional chromed brass filter holder and ring, as used in commercial Gaggia coffee machines, ensures a consistent temperature throughout the coffee making and dispensing process
- Panarello steamer attachment rotates for easy access to froth milk in seconds, plus delivers hot water for tea and other hot drinks
- Solenoid valve delivers a widespread shower through the coffee, eliminating ‘hot spots’ which can burn the coffee; precise pressurisation ensures no drips and leaves drier coffee grounds after brewing
- The Gaggia Classic is a powerful 1300 watt machine with 15 bars of water pump pressure, removable water tank and stainless steel body
With the Gaggia Classic coffee machine, you get the same sophisticated technology that’s used in the commercial line of Gaggia coffee machines, which gives you the even temperature throughout your Espresso, ensuring that your coffee is brewed with a consistent temperature, giving it a thick crema, as soon as it’s poured.
This is something that many of the Gaggia coffee machines reviews, all have in common. The even heat distribution, combined with the dispersing of coffee beans, makes it the best coffee machine that you’ll find, for producing top-notch coffee brews and delivering ti all with simplicity of use. No automated brewing, that leaves you with a bland tasting coffee. The Gaggia Classic coffee maker lets you control how you want it to make your coffee.
Giving you the unique, Italian taste of real Espresso, that’s served dark, with a thick crema to top it off.
Due to the high temperatures dispersed from the coffee maker, the Solenoid valve helps shower the temperature throughout the coffee, which eliminates the problem of burnt beans that can be difficult to clean off the drip tray.
Technical Details of the Gaggia Classic
- Safety valve
- Built-in cup warmer
- Dimensions (height x width x depth): 14.5 inches x 8 inches x 9.75 inches
- Power supply: 120-60 Hz 1425 watts
- Voltage: 230v – 240v.
On top of the built-in cup warmer, there’s also a tray at the top of the unit, which can be used for heating your saucers up as well as your cups. To use this feature though, you’ll need to have the machine on for a while, so it can reach the required temperature.
- Turbo frother gives a really thick and stiff foam froth, and it’s easier to clean
- You can feel the quality of design and the robust nature of the coffee maker. It’s build with the same sturdiness as all Gaggia coffee machines, with astounding parts that don’t break down.
- Minimal noise – Most coffee machines reviews indicate they’re quite noisy, but the Gaggia Classic is relatively quiet, yet operates with a powerful 15 bar pressure pump, similar to some of the best coffee machine appliances available for the home.
- Easy to assemble
- Makes a superb and dark Espresso
- Stylish and compact finish, so definitely a complimentary appliance that will look good in your kitchen and you’ll be using it plenty too.
- Sturdy filter holder
- Makes great tasting original Italian Espresso, Latte, and/or a frothy Cappuccino
For superb tasting, Espresso, with a taste that’s normally only associated with real Italian coffee, you can use this coffee maker to churn out, just as professional and delicious tasting coffee, like a true barista would.
- The frother nozzle needs to be rinsed after each use to stop any blockages.
- The traditional milk frother takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be creating crema to top your Espresso, or even add a super froth to your Cappuccino
- The chrome overflow pipe can be tricky to remove from the water tank/reservoir
To make sure the cleaning process is as easy as possible, you’ll have to remember to rinse the frother nozzle out after each use. If you don’t rinse it, you could find that it gets clogged, and harder to clean once it’s hardened.
The frother can take a bit of getting used to, but once you do, you’ll be making coffee with this all the time.
Wrapping it up
Gaggia coffee machines are one of the market leaders, instantly recognised by their Watermark coffee technology hallmark. Ranked among the best coffee machine brands you’ll find in the market, for coffee bars, restaurants, cafes and offices, and now available for home use too, in convenient compact sizing.
They’re built to last a lifetime, and should anything go wrong with any parts, they’re a brand that’s going to be around forever, so there’s no shortage of supplies or servicing.
You’ll be able to enjoy the fresh taste of freshly ground coffee, or convenient ESE pods, to make tremendous and truly Italian style Espressos with a dark tint and a thick crema to give you the best coffee experience, delivered from the Gaggia Classic. It’s the best coffee machine you’ll find that will give you a variety of coffee flavour’s you can make, with absolute simplicity throughout.