For a retro style microwave, incorporating the best in technology, to give you the cost saving 700-watt power, which is ideal for fast microwave chips, yet healthy enough to give you the power of steaming technology, all in the one unit, then look no further than the Whirlpool microwave Max 35.
Whirlpool Microwave Max 35 Review
The design of the unit is what makes this appliance stand out from the rest. Never before has any kitchen appliance packed this much power out of a simple curved design.
For smaller kitchens, this is how you can enhance the amount of worktop space you have. With this Whirlpool microwave, you simply unpack it and place it in the corner of your kitchen worktop, and you’ll find that you barely notice you’ve used any worktop space at all.
It’s curved back, fits the unit perfectly into a corner and you still have all the remaining space around it.
With a separate steaming option, you can steam your potatoes, fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables, and even fish to perfection and fast. In only 10 minutes, you can have enough potatoes steamed, to serve up to 3 people.
- 13 Litre capacity
- Electronic control
- Unique space saving design…its curved back allows it to be pushed back into a corner. It still has the same size turntable (28 cm) as much larger models
- Jet Start, one touch operation, no need to set power, level and time separately
- 3D distribution system, gives uniform heating throughout the cavity
- Jet Defrost, 3D distribution system defrosts food 7x faster than a conventional microwave
- Auto steam accessory and auto control system for easy, convenient, healthy steaming
With a 13 litre capacity, which is close to the smallest microwave you can get, (10 Litre), there’s plenty of space within the Whirlpool microwave, to perform a variety of functions a traditional microwave can do, without it dominating your kitchen counters.
Using its one touch control operation, you get the convenience of auto-defrost at the touch of a button. This is enhanced on the Whirlpool Max 35 microwave as it uses superior 3D distribution technology that lets you defrost your foods at an astonishing rate that’s up to 7 times faster than conventional microwaves.
For those who like to stock up on homemade meals and freeze them for later, you’ll find yourself in awe with the “Jet Defrost” setting.
The technical Details:
- 13 Litre capacity (equivalent to a standard 20 litre microwave due to it’s design)
- 700 Watts
- 7 Power levels
- 28cm Turntable
- 24hr Clock
- Interior cavity light
- Electronic control system
- Electronic timer
- 230 volts
- External dimensions HxWxD (mm) 375 x 372 x 360
The design of the whirlpool Max 35 microwave is also enhanced with its flat screen, dark glass design, giving you the maximum visual impact and super easy cleaning of the door. The flat screen helps to save the dirt and grime accumulating in the doors. Something traditional microwaves are terrible for, you can alleviate that problem with the enhanced door design of this microwave, making it super easy to clean and prevent grime from accumulating.
What this Whirlpool Microwave is good for:
- Steaming foods for healthy meals
- Microwave chips in an instant
- Save on costs with a lower power setting of 700 watts
- Heating baby milk with its separate bottle holder
- Reheating full size dinner plates, without the need for a full size microwave
- Fast defrosting using the “jet defrost” function
- Readymade meals cooked to perfection
- Student accommodation with tight kitchen space
Even with its space saving and retro design, using the innovative curved design, you can easily fit this into the corner of your worktops, and not sacrifice on space. The power of the microwave, combined with the steaming function, helps you to cook healthy meals, without the need for separate appliances.
Steam and microwave with just the one kitchen appliance.
Why buy this microwave?
Because the Whirlpool Max 35 microwave uses 3 dimensional heat distribution, to ensure that your foods are cooked all the way through. It’s small on the outside but just as large on the inside, so you can still make use of the large 28cm turntable, which is large enough to accommodate a full size dinner plate.
Once you’ve started to use the Whirlpool microwave, you’ll find that there’s settings you like to use more often than others. Such as fast steaming or a setting that gives you the crisp microwave chips, or pie chips and beans. You don’t have to remember those settings as you can store up to 3 settings, letting you just select your favourite, at the push of a button, and let the Whirlpool microwave get to it, while you go away and set your dinner table up, or relax and unwind until your foods ready to serve.
Where the Whirlpool Microwave Max 35 falls short:
- Short cord, so you need to have it in a corner close to a socket
- Can’t be used as a microwave and steamer simultaneously
- Isn’t large enough for deep bowls
- Jet defrost function is based on weight, so while you’re saving on space in one area, you’ll need a set of scales to know the setting to use. For a Whirlpool microwave, you’d expect this to be included in the design, given the retail price of it.
- Low ceiling means you can’t use a plate stack to reheat 2 dinner plates at once
If you have a favourite dinner you like to cook, such as pie chips and beans, or a fast blast of microwave chips, then you’ll find that the Whirlpool Max 35 microwave is perfect for storing your favourite settings, letting you cook your dinner to perfection, at the touch of a button.
Then you have the added health benefits of being able to steam cook fish, vegetables, and potatoes, using the preset functions in the Whirlpool Max 35, making it perfect for cooking foods speedily and healthily.
Additional benefits are the space saving design, without sacrificing on the capacity. The Whirlpool microwave gives you all the functions of a traditional sized microwave without it dominating your worktops, and still providing the benefits of healthy steaming, fast microwaving and thorough reheating, using the 3D heat distribution technology.