The Sharp R959SLMA uses superior Sharp microwave technology to combine the power of conventional ovens, grills and a microwave, all into the one kitchen appliance, which will make it one of the best microwave choices for many a household.
Tasty and tantalizing dishes, such as roast chicken, lambs, turkey, and roast potatoes used to only be done for a Sunday dinner. Now, probably with the state of the economy, rising food costs, combined with the increase in gas/electricity rates, more and more households are changing their cooking habits. Swapping roast dinners, for fast and convenient foods, which don’t take a couple of hours in the oven.
Sharp R959SLMA Microwave Review
- 40 litre large cooking capacity
- Touch control with auto cook menus
- Two shelf cooking
- Convection oven
- Stainless steel for easy cleaning
The combination of the grill, convection oven, and microwave is what makes this the best microwave to provide reliability and versatility. There’s many a microwave will be able to combine different cooking functions, but only the Sharp microwave is able to deliver a combination of cooking functions in one setting.
The Sharp R959SLMA combination microwave lets you preset your cooking to use 3 different settings.
Easy to Cook
You can set the Sharp R959SLMA to cook at:
- 15 minutes on microwave full power
- Followed by a grill/micro combo for a further 20 minutes
- With an additional 20 minutes micro/convection combo
The Sharp microwave combo will take all the programmes you tell it to do and automatically change the settings for you. Allowing you to programme your desired cooking, leave it in the microwave and then when it’s finished you’ll have a tantalizing dinner ready to serve.
Not many combination microwaves allow you that amount of versatility.
Combine the combo cooking settings, with the amount of foods you can cook on the double rack facility, on top of the large 40 litre capacity, and you can easily see how the Sharp R959SLMA model, is probably the best microwave that could end up changing how you cook forever.
It’s cheaper and more convenient to traditional cooking, and it gives you the capability to cook a full roast to serve a six person sitting, all in the one go, without having to keep checking on your roast potatoes or turning your meat.
Everything is taking care of with the Sharp R959SLMA microwave.
- 900 watt microwave
- 1400 watt grill
- Convection oven
- 40 litre capacity
- 14 pre-programmed menus
- 2 layer cooking for more in one go
- High rack, low rack, square rack shelves x2
- Stainless steel interior
- LED Display
- Contemporary silver finish design
The versatility comes from the double rack cooking facility. It’s the perfect baking assistant for your kitchen. If you’re a power home baker, you’re going to love the pre-programmed cake bake setting, (just one of the 14 pre-programmed menus), as it lets you put your cake mix onto the top and/or bottom racks to bake more in one go.
This is also handy for cooking roast potatoes on the top rack, with your chicken, turkey, lamb leg, or any other meat you want to cook on the bottom rack, cooking everything in one go.
Regardless what you want to cook for dinner, the Sharp R959SLMA microwave, lets you do it with one sweep. Just programme it and let it go to work and cook your dinners to perfection.
What we like
- Baking made push button simple, with its preset bake setting
- Large 40 litre capacity, allows you cook meals to feed up to six people in one go.
- Easily cook 13.5KG roast turkey to perfection. Ideal for Christmas dinner
- Could easily replace your main oven and turn it into something for keep warm use only and not your main cooker.
- LCD display mode also has an energy saving mode that you can switch the display off when you don’t need it. Ideal for saving more on your electricity costs.
- Roast chickens cooked to perfection in 45 minutes, with an auto-cook setting. Just key in the weight and let the Sharp R959SLMA microwave do its thing.
- Cook everything from a single serving of oven chips to a full on 3 course meal
- If you host a lot of dinner parties, the Sharp R959SLMA microwave is perfect as a second oven. You can use it alongside your main one and cater to a huge amount of guests, without the hassle of cooking twice.
What we don’t like
- The microwave is large and you’ll need an additional 13 cm all around it, for ventilation. That’s for safety reasons.
- When you use the racks and not the turntable, you need to remember to change the positions. If you don’t, you can find that using the bake settings, burns at the back and undercooks at the front.
- Power settings are difficult to calculate. Full power works at 900 watt, and the power levels go down in percentages. You don’t have full, medium, low, defrost etc. It starts with 100% as full power and then the lower power settings, decreases to 70% power, which will cook at 630-watt power. So perhaps not the best microwave when you need to use different power settings and aren’t good with calculations.
As a cheaper and more convenient way of cooking large dinners, the Sharp R959SLMA microwave, is among the most versatile combination microwaves, you’ll find. The technology of this Sharp microwave takes all the hassle of conventional cooking and offers you preset programmes to serve up deliciously tasting and tantalizing meals .This will have your taste buds tingling with the tender and succulent meat that you can cook with it. It’s fast, convenient, economical, perfect for large family dinners, easy to clean and probably the best microwave you’ll find.