For those of you who want to enjoy homemade soup, like your Gran used to make, then you’re going to fall in love with the Cuisinart soup maker. It’s perfect for those who love homemade soup, but don’t have the time they need to make it. With the Cuisinart SSB1U soup maker, you can have a fresh pot of soup made from scratch in only 20 minutes.
Also included is a recipe book for different types of soup as well as recipes aside from soup, which can be made using the same machine. Get the most out of it by trying out different dishes that will have your family’s mouths watering for more.
It’s not just a soup maker either, as you can use it as a blender, a smoothie maker, and even an ice crusher. There’s plenty of variety for you to get making different things and not just stick to a soup.
Cuisinart Soup Maker Review
One of the neat features of the Cuisinart SSB1U soup maker is its measuring cup, built into the lid of the unit.
- 1 x Cuisinart SSB1U soup maker
- 1 x Recipe Book
- 1 x 1.75 L High quality glass jar (1.4 L hot soup, 1.7 L cold liquids)
- 1 x Measuring cup (Part of the lid)
- 1 x Instruction Manual
It’s convenient as it lets you keep everything in one place, with no need to store different parts in separate drawers. There’s nothing worse than getting out one of your kitchen gadgets, only to find that you’ve misplaced the attachment you need.
The soup-making machine is able to be stored neatly away, or else you can sit it out on your counter, to add a modern black finished appliance, that’s great for modern kitchens.
- Rapid heating element & non-stick cooking plate browns vegetables, boils liquids, & simmers soups.
- Powerful blender with stainless steel blades
- Blends hot soups & sauces to desired consistency straight after cooking.
- Add ingredients anytime during the cooking process
- Also, perfect for making dips dressings purees, sauces, smoothies, cocktails, and crushing ice.
The Cuisinart soup maker uses a powerful 1000-watt motor. The power comes into action when you want to make soup to a silky smooth consistency, using the high-speed setting. For a thicker consistency, you can use the pulse setting on the Cuisinart soup maker.
With a rapid heating element, non-stick cooking plate…you can fry your vegetables and boil your liquids in 20 minutes, leaving you just to let the soup simmer down. When it’s cool enough you can then fire it through the blender function to make your soup to whatever consistency you prefer.
Apart from making soup, there’s other dishes you can make up, such as crisp dips, coleslaw, purees, salad dressings, and whatever you make, it can be served, right out the jar straight after cooking.
Good Points of the Cuisinart Soup Maker
- Self cleaning function
- 20 minutes is all it takes to make homemade soup.
- The Cuisinart SSB1U soup maker is much more! It blends, cooks, purees and the jar can be used to pour your soups straight into the bowls. No ladle required.
- Integrated non stick cooking plate for frying vegetables and getting them golden brown
- Stir function intermittently stirs your vegetables around, while you go and do whatever else you have to do and let the Cuisinart soup maker, do what it’s designed to…Make your soup for you.
- The pulse function makes thick soup, while the fast speed will give you a silky smooth soup by blending all your ingredients on a high-speed setting.
- It can also make homemade sauces, smoothies and even to crush ice.
- Comes with a 3 year guarantee
- Use the Cuisinart soup maker to boil, heat or simmer fresh ingredients or to sauté your vegetables on the non-stick plate.
- Internal heater keeps your soup at an optimum temperature
- Stainless steel blades
Hot Soup in minutes
The Cuisinart soup maker has a rapid heat element that puts it to work as soon as the ingredients are added. There’s no waiting around for the machine to reach temperature. When it has, the stir function will kick in and move your vegetables around on the non-stick plate, to make sure they’re fried, and that your vegetables have a crunch to them.
It’s designed to make soup by frying your vegetables and then putting it on a rapid heat setting to bring to the boil. Once it’s at boil, it’ll go to the simmer mode, which will keep your soup at an optimum temperature.
When you’re ready to serve it, just lift the jar off the Cuisinart soup maker and you pour it straight from the jar into your soup bowls and serve immediately.
You can have fresh soup, made from scratch and served to your family within a half hour.
Bad Points for the Cuisinart SSB1U Soup Maker
- 1.4 litres is the max you can make of warm soup. For larger families, you’ll find yourself cutting portion sizes.
- The soup maker is good for vegetable and lentil soups, but for adding meat, you’ll need to cook it separate and then put it through the soup maker. The base is fine for frying onions and browning your vegetables, but it doesn’t cook meats well.
- Blades aren’t removable, so you have to rely on the self-clean function.
With a capacity of 1.4 litres in the jar, the Cuisinart soup maker isn’t going to be able to make the same quantity that you can do with a stockpot or similar large pot for soups. You might find that the family size portions being cut back from your usual servings, to accommodate for the volume of soup you can make.
Not for meat slicing
One of the areas the Cuisinart SSB1U soup maker falls short is when it comes to meat. If you like to make homemade soups with sausage, bacon, chicken or any other meat produce, you’ll find yourself having to pre-cook the meat, before putting it through the soup maker.
If you just put the meat straight in, the non-stick plate doesn’t do too good a job at cooking. It’s meant for frying vegetables and giving them a crispy brown coating. To get succulent pieces of meat, you’re better to slow cook them, and since the Cuisinart soup maker, has a rapid heat element, you don’t get the full richness of the meat.
The only other downfall is that you can’t remove the blades for washing up. You have to rely on the self-clean function that’s pre-programmed on the Cuisinart SSB1U soup maker, for easy cleaning.
The Cuisinart soup maker could be described as the lazy mans way to make soup. It’s super simple and fast at doing what it’s designed to do. Giving you a recipe book chalked full of ideas for trying out different soups, as well as how to get the most from it with fruit smoothies or even a lemon ice tea. Great for making soups, and also doubling not only up as a blender, or an ice crusher but it’s also great for healthy, nutritious, and delicious tasting fruit smoothies too.