Phillips HR1861 juicer is ideal for making large amounts of orange juice, fruit smoothies, strawberry milkshakes, or any other juice that you fancy making.
Do you love freshly squeezed juice but hate the preparation work?
The Phillips HR1861 is also mess free. So, not only are you able to fire whole fruits through it, with the wide chute it has, without de-seeding coring, peeling, chopping or crushing, but you get the added addition of the large 2 litre pulp container, helping you to get every last drop of juice squeezed out of your fruits. Nothing goes to waste, so if you hate throwing things away, then the Phillips HR1861 is for you.
Phillips HR1861 Juicer Review
To make things even better and help you get more from your juicer, you can take the dry pulp from the container, and use it as ingredients for baking muffins or other sorts of recipes. The pulp isn’t full of moisture, like you’d with some other juicers, which means you can use it to make other recipes, to make your fruits go that bit further for you.
Key Features of the Phillips HR1861
- Enjoy fast juicing with multiple speed controls for soft and hard fruits, allowing you to get fresh juices at speed, with the powerful 700 watt motor
- Make more juice with continuous juicing thanks to extra large capacity, micro mesh-filter made of stainless steel
- Delicious and easy-to-make juice recipes with recipe booklet
- No pre-cutting needed as the extra large tube swallows even bigger fruits and vegetables
- All parts are dishwasher safe so this juicer is quick and easy to clean
The powerful 700-watt motor makes the Phillips HR1861 juicer no match for oranges. It presses through them in no time, and can make you a glass of fresh orange juice in seconds. Ideal for those who have busy households, families to feed and water, and struggle for the time to make healthy drinks.
It’s micro-mesh filter lets you use the Phillips HR1861 juicer continuously. The large jug, and even bigger pulp container aid that.
Once you’ve filled the 1.5 L jug with freshly squeezed orange juice, the cleaning is as simple as rinsing the parts under the tap, or putting through the dishwasher. If you’re rinsing the parts, there’s a small brush comes supplied with the Phillips HR1861 juicer to help you clean the parts thoroughly.
The tough and durable blades make light work of juicing and there’s no need to be cutting, chopping, seeding, coring or any other food preparation work.
To give you even more value, a pre-supplied recipe book comes with the juicer, that will give tons of recipes for a variety of juices, smoothies and shakes.
The technical details for the Phillips HR1861
- Patented micro-mesh filter
- Extra-large feeding tube
- 700W motor with two speeds
- Made from anodised aluminium
- 2L pulp container
- 1.5L juice jug
- Foam separator for clear or cloudy juice
- 1.2m long cable with cord storage
- Anti-slip rubber feet for extra stability
- Safety system locks the detachable components in place
- Feeding tube diameter: 75 mm
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Voltage: 220-240 V
- Capacity juice jug: 1500 ml
- Integrated cord storage
- Non-slip feet
- Safety clamps
- Speeds: 2
When you’re firing whole fruits through a juicer, you’d expect it to be dancing around your worktop when it’s pressing the fruits. That’s when you see the power of the suction feet on the Phillips HR1861, as it sits still on your worktop with extra stability. The tight fitting lid also ensures that you don’t have any splash back of juice, leaking out.
The last thing you want from a juicer is the fresh squeezed juice, spitting out the machine, leaving you a mess to clear up. The cleaning is super easy as it’s only the parts and the jug you need to wash, or rinse under a tap.
An extra wide feeding tube, makes it easy to put whole oranges through it to make up a large batch of orange juice, without nothing more than having to peel the oranges. For apples, you don’t have to peel them or even core them. That’s where the power of the 700-watt motor kicks into action.
Good Points on the Philips Juicer
- Makes great tasting juice and has a jug that lets you make a good amount of it too.
- Feeding tube’s large enough to take whole apples and you don’t need to deseed them. (non-citrus foods don’t need any preparation but oranges will need peeled)
- Quiet operation – About the same noise as boiling a kettle
- Parts are dishwasher safe and the machine’s super simple to put back together for the next use
- It only leaves the dry pulp in the pulp container, so you get every drop of juice, squeezed out your fruits. Nothing goes to waste with the Phillips HR1861
- Mess free operation. The lid fits securely to stop any splashing while you’re making juices. You can even use the dry pulp for baking muffins out of it.
- Comes supplied with a small brush that helps with the cleaning
- Designed at an angle, so you can pour the juices out quickly and effortlessly
- Fantastic recipe book included
The Phillips HR1861 makes light work of pressing both hard and soft fruits. It’s quiet to use and presses fruits with astonishing ease.
The design of the unit sits at an angle, making it easy to pour the juice out as soon as it’s ready.
Not so good points of the Philips Juicer
- It doesn’t work well with starch fruits.
For avocados, mangos and bananas…juicers tend to struggle pressing them and this one is just the same. For orange juice, strawberry milkshakes, and apple juice, the Phillips HR1861 does excellent.
- Lid could be sturdier
Some customers find that the lid tends to crack after trying to press harder fruits. There are 2 settings on it and for harder fruits, you’re best to use the slow speed setting, to allow the fruits to pressed without putting extra pressure on the lid.
- Fruit occasionally jams in the feed tube
For cleaning the unit, you’ll need to use the small brush attachment to clean the serrated blades. If it’s not cleaned thoroughly, you can find that small pieces of fruit can start to clog the feeding tube.
Final Say on the Philips Juicer
The patented micromesh filter, unique to the Phillips HR1861, you get to extract the most juice out of your fruits. The XL feeding tube makes it easy for you to push through whole fruits with no preparation required. (Except for oranges that need peeled).
The jug fits neatly onto the main unit, leaving you with a stylish juicer that can sit proudly on your kitchen worktop. Designed with anodised aluminium, you can be sure that your machine is going to be looking new and fresh for years to come, as it’s corrosion resistant, and fingerprint resistant.
Whether you want to make apple juice, orange juice, carrot juice or extract the juice out of celery, the Phillips HR1861.
You can forget all the hard and unnecessary work that other juicers can leave you with, when you use the Phillips juicer. It’s the perfect kitchen appliance for a family, as it’s got one of the largest jugs, powerful motor and the widest feeding tube, which lets you make healthy orange juice, milkshakes, smoothies and other juices in seconds, and it’s super easy to clean up too.